
Privilege is a very complicated thing. Some people believe privilege has everything to do with their life and some do not. Personally I believe that discrimmination and being non privileged will make you stronger if you make yourself overcome it and do not let it get you down. Everyone has been discriminated aginst in some way or another throughout their lifetime. It's just something that everyone eventually has to deal with . Though it is sad and unfourtnate, it happends. All women have been called some sort of hurtful name due to their gender and most aftrican americans have had derrogratory statments made twords their race. It's a sad fact, but its true fact.
1. I am privileged to attend the University of Oklahoma. Many people are not afforded the luxery of a college education.
2. I have an amazing family. My family believes, encourages, and supports mr through every phase of my life.
3. I have never experienced poverty. Although I am not wealthy, I am not poor and I have always had everything that I needed.
4. I am surrounded by people who love and support me.
5. I am intelligent. Intellect may very well be my favorite privilege.
6. I grew up in a small town that was successful in teaching me morals and kindness.
7. My boyfriend survived a terrible car crash. The privilege of living is amazing.
8. I am healthy. If I need medical attention I have the luxery of going to the doctor.
9. My mother is in my opinion the strongest most caring woman in the world. She can get me through anything.
10. I have the use of my legs. I have a friend that recently lost feeling in his legs after a car crash and i see daily how difficult it is for him to live.
11.I have the luxery of buying items i want not only need
12. I have a wonderful job, I take care of children and I love it!
13. My brother is my best friend, and he would do anything for me.
14. I own my car. i worked very hard to save up the money but I did it and it feels great!
15. my roomate is the best! Im so lucky to have been allowed the privilege of a great roomie instead of a creep.
16. I have been encouraged my entire life. I have always been told I was beautiful and that If I set my mind to it I could achieve any thing!
17.I have never gone to bed hungry because there was not enough food. If i was hungry it was on my own accord.
18. I have never been watched closely in a store because the store owner feared I might steal something simply because of my color.
19. I have never had my vehicle searched simply because of my color.
20. my entire family saves money all year so that at the end we can all take a vacation and spend quality time together!!!!!!

I agree with the statement that everyone has been discriminated against in some form at some point in their lifetime. As a girl, I have experienced this many times. “Now that that don’t kill me, can only make me stronger” is a famous quote from Kanye West, a very well known rapper. I believe this quote with my whole heart, if you haven’t had to persevere through a hard time, you have yet to live. I just pray for the day that everyone feels like they are living their best life, not more or less privileged than someone else. Life isn’t easy, for anyone; and it sure isn’t fair. God will not put you through something that you cannot handle.
ReplyDeleteYes i agree that everyone get discriminated with . Thats part of life aand the world we live in . People will always judge you no matter what are race or gender is . Some will give you high expectations or low . Everything thing in are country is so judgemental opinionated . Some people let it bring them down and they actually fall up under the judgement that person gave you . The key's is to use it as fuel to your fire. So you can prove that person wrong plus achieve the goal you want to reach .
ReplyDeleteAlthough I do not share many of the same privileges with you I do think its amazing to see the variety of answers when this question is considered. I do agree that discrimination can make an individual stronger but as an African American female I often encounter and face some discriminations that I would rather not experience. Just as discrimination can build a person up, it can also be used to tear a person down. Everyone is discriminated against in their lifetime, but that doesn't necessarily mean that discrimination is acceptable or should be accepted. I also agree with the previous comment that God will not put you through anything that you can't handle.
ReplyDeleteWonderful Conversation.
ReplyDelete